Thursday, October 25, 2007

Google is Great... New Google Transit "review"

I love Google. In fact, I love it so much I feel like it's going to leave me. I love it so much, I can't live without it. Docs and Reader and Maps and Gmail. On my computer and on my phone... I just don't know what I'd do without it. And I only use probably 25% of what they offer. Please don't make me pay a subscription fee, Google, please.

I'd have to pay it. I'm just being honest.

OK, get all the awkward, uncomfortable laughter out, time to get to the topic at hand. Google Transit. I started this blog entry before I had even used it because I know it's going to be friggen amazing. So, I'm going to walk through it and take you with me.

Link to Google blog entry

Link to Google Transit

Availability: 10 states, 20 cities including San Diego and Seattle (how convenient for me). I'm going to use the San Diego one because I know the system better and I know that Seattle's transit system BLOWS.

Let's get me from my favorite coffeeshop, Twiggs, to Qualcomm Stadium, home of the football team I just can't get myself to care about....

...holy isht, that was easy! Type in your address and destination and in a second, the route appears.


You can switch between taking transit and driving to see the difference in time taken:


Wow, 48 minutes vs 12 minutes. Big difference but this does not include the cost of parking combined with the enormous hassle of parking at and leaving Qualcomm NOT TO MENTION the hassle of trying to drive while you're seeing double, eyes blurry from the tears of defeat, trying to keep it between the lines to avoid a DUI.... if you catch my drift. Subtle, I know.

I say thumbsup on Google Transit. It is super-easy to use and makes taking the public transit as simple as driving your car. The biggest PITA comes from finding the routes and times. With this, problem solved.

GO GOOGLE!

No comments: